The Windows is one of the best computer operating systems in the world. The Windows is also one of the most used operating systems for computers. I am 100% sure that more people used Windows than the individual who used any other operating system. Every operating system is not perfect in any sense. There are small issues in every operating system or piece of software, which annoys the users. The Windows has one, which is faced by many people around the globe. It is the Windows Update Error 0x80070057.
The Windows Update Error 0x80070057 is one of the most annoying errors faced by the Windows users. You can encounter this error while trying to update Windows system for security purposes. Due to the Windows Update Error 0x80070057, the users cannot upgrade their Windows computer. If you are facing the same issue on your computer too, then there is no reason to worry at all. In this post, I am going to share all possible tricks and methods, by which you can fix Windows Update Error 0x80870057 within minutes. All of the methods I am going to share in this post are simple and most importantly, working to fix Windows Update Error 0x80070057 pretty quickly. Also check fix of another popular error known as remove shortcut virus.
How to Fix | Windows Update Error 0x80070057
Method #1 – Run System File Checker
Most of the errors you facing in the Windows Operating System can be found and fixed with this tool. The System File Checker is the inbuilt tool provided by Microsoft in all of their operating system versions to find the corrupted system files which may cause the problems. The SFC tool also replaces the corrupted files from the cached version of the same file.
With the System File Checker, we can fix the issues which may cause due to corrupted files. The Windows Update Error 0x80070057 may arise due to the damaged files in the Windows OS. So, using this tool will fix the issue in most of the computers. Here are the steps to Run System File Checker and Fix Windows Update Error 0x80070057.
- First of all, press “Windows + R” Key combination on your keyboard. This key combination will open the Run Window.
- In the Run, type “cmd” and press ENTER to open the Command Prompt.
- Alternatively, you can Press “Windows + X” key combination to open the Start Menu options. From the options, choose “Command Prompt (Admin) ” to open the command prompt.
- Once you open the Command prompt, type the following command and press ENTER.
- The System File Checker tool will start to check all of the corrupted core files in the system. The process is pretty time-consuming.
- It’ll take few minutes to complete the entire process. Once you see the Process Completion Dialogue in Command Prompt, Restart your Computer.
- After a Cold Restart, Try to update the Windows again and see if you are facing the same issue or not. Mostly, you’ll not see this problem again.
If the Windows Update Error 0x80070057 is not fixed by running the System File Checker tool, then check out other methods shared below.
Method #2 – Edit System Registry Entries
The corrupted system registry entries are also the cause of standard Windows Update Errors. When you install any third-party software on your computer, the software can mess up with the System Registry entries, which directly affects the core services like Windows Explorer and Windows Update. If you are not able to fix Windows Update Error 0x80070057 with the SFC tool, then you should try this method.
- First of all, you’ve to open the Notepad by Searching it in the Start Menu or from RUN.
- To Open the Notepad from Run, press “Windows + R” key combination on your keyboard and type “notepad” in Run window and press ENTER.
- Now, you’ll see Notepad Window on your Desktop. In the Notepad, copy and paste the following code without the Quotes.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
- Once you paste the code, Press “Ctrl + S” on your keyboard and save the file.
- Make sure you are saving this file with name “Wufix.reg.” Without the “.reg” at the end of the saved file will not work. You must save this code with.Reg extension. Save the file on your desktop for easy access.
- After saving the file, close the Notepad and double click on the file you just saved. Double click on the “wufix.Reg” file, which is located on the desktop because we saved it there.
- Now, you’ll see the warning message. Just press “OK, ” and you’ll see the message of completion. This file will modify the System Registry values and add the appropriate value to the registry.
- Restart your computer and try to update the Windows. The problem is gone for sure now.
If you are still not able to update you Windows OS and facing the Windows Update Error, then check out others methods shared below.
Another Error Fix – This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine
Method #3 – Deployment Image Servicing and Management
The DISM method will help you to solve the Windows Update Error. With the DISM Method, you try to clean the System image and restore the corrupted files quickly. This process is more efficient that the System File Checker Method. Here are the exact steps to Fix Windows Update Error using DISM Method.
- First of all, we have to open the Command Prompt with Admin privileges. Press “Windows + X” key combination on your keyboard. This key combination will open the Start menu options.
- Choose the “Command Prompt (Admin)” to open it with Admin Privileges. You’ve top give Admin rights once you see the UAC prompt.
- Now, you’ve opened the Command Prompt. Type or paste the following command and Press ENTER.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- The Process will start once you press ENTER. The Entire process may take few minutes to complete. The time to completion depends on the level of corruption in your system.
- Once the process is complete, Reboot your PC and try to update the Windows PC again. This time, you’ve solved the issue of Windows Update Error 0x80070057.
Method #4 – Reset the System using System Restore Point
The Windows has the feature of creating system restore points. These are the points from where you can quickly restore your Windows to the latest backed up version. It is highly advised to keep your System Restore Points updated. We are assuming that you’ve already created a System Restore point and ready to restore your system to the latest Restore Point. Here are the exact steps to do that.
- First of all, open the Windows Explorer nad Right click anywhere in the Blank Space. Now, click on “Properties.”
- You’ll now see the System Details and properties. In the Left corner, you’ll find the “System Protection” option. Click on it.
- Now, click on the “System Protection” tab. Here, you’ll get the option of “System Restore.” Click on the System Restore option to start the Restore Wizard.
- On the Wizard, follow on-screen instruction and choose the most recent System Restore Point you created.
- Select the Restore Point and Proceed to the Restore. The Entire Process may take minutes or even hours depending on the size of the Restore Point.
- Once completed, you’ll boot into the Restored version of Windows. Now check if the problem of Windows Update Error 0x80070057 is solved or not.
I am 100% sure that you’ve fixed Windows Update Error with the System Restore Point Method. If you are still facing the same issue, make sure you’re using the System Restore Point which was created before the problem arisen.
Final Words | Fix Windows Update Error 0x80070057
So, these are the four methods to fix annoying Windows Update. The Windows Update error locks you out from downloading the latest windows updates, which may contain the Latest system upgrades and Security patches for the system. Not being able to install the same is a big issue as you are not getting patches for any vulnerabilities in your system. If you are facing the same problem, make sure you follow any of these working methods to fix Windows Update Error and keep your PC safe.